Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Two Videos and Some Stuff

On Monday we pulled out the bath paints for the kids which was fun. Naomi started trying to say the word yellow. You can hear it in the first video. She loves to play the ABC song on the leapfrog magnet and sing/dance to it. She also loves Elmo so we pulled out Riley's old Elmo sweatshirt for her. When she sees Elmo she says Elm! Elm! over and over, but of course I couldn't get her to say it for the video. I think my favorite age of all is between 1 and 2 yrs. They just do so many new and exciting things everyday and become their own little person. It's so fun to see Naomi begin to change from a baby into a little girl.




Brad is back to work on a pretty busy schedule. He is on an Internal Medicine rotation which means 6 full days a week plus late nights every 4th day. We are soooo looking forward to his vacation time at the end of June. It feels like he should have some time off after being gone for 2 weeks, but we'll have to hang in there for another month. He is sorting through the pics from his trip, so we will be posting a few highlights when we get a chance.

I feel like we are both a little stretched right now and in need of a break, but God has been using people in my life lately to remind me that He loves me and is taking care of us. I received an unexpected phone call last week from a very sweet lady I know at church who had me on her mind and was praying for me and drove all the way out to my house to drop off a beautiful CD to encourage me. That just meant the world to me, especially at the end of those 2 long weeks without Brad, which she didn't even know about. And yesterday I receieved an encouraging card in the mail from a good friend from Cincinnati, and spoke with another friend who said she is praying for me. It's amazing to see God communicating with us through these amazing people who have been such a blessing.

On a lighter note, I have been looking into buying a new laptop! We are selling our PC because at this point it is just taking up room and doesn't have the capabilities that we need for my graphic programs and for Brad's medical programs. The laptop we have now is pretty limited on memory space and we have just about maxed out the harddrive in only a year and a half. It will be hard to keep my business going if my computer can't hold any more files! Plus it would be nice for Brad and I to each have our own to work on since we both use it quite a bit. I have done a bit of research (and talked to my computer savvy brother to get the best specs for me on it) and am looking at getting a Dell XPS 1530. With the completion of our Financial Peace class I am praying all the money comes together for it because I will only buy it when I have the cash. Dell is having a big sale the first week of June, so that is my goal, but if it doesn't happen, I will have to be patient which will be really hard! In the meantime I am admiring it online :). Isn't it beautiful? haha



0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin