So potty training is a learning experience for both myself and Riley since I have never had to potty train an animal let alone a child before. I haven't been in a big hurry either since that was the last thing on my mind when Naomi came along. But Riley has been doing great using his potty with help for the last several months now. I feel like we are at a point where he can start doing it on his own. I decided to take the plunge today and put him in big-boy underwear during the day (he has been asking for awhile now to wear them anyways). We had a nice little talk about it all and he has already told me twice this morning he needed to go, but was a little wet already by the time he made it to the potty. I probably should have started doing this awhile ago because it hit me that he can't feel he is wet in the pull-ups, but like I said, we are all learning. I am a proud momma of my big boy though for wanting to do it :).
I have a feeling Naomi will learn pretty fast...she already carries the wipes container over to me to tell me she has a messy diaper hehehe. Here she is this morning sitting on the potty. I think she likes it because it's an Elmo chair just her size :) You can see her "boo boos" from her shots at her 15 month check up yesterday. She gained about 3 pounds and grew about 3 inches in 3 months (23.5 lbs, 30.5 in). And all was healthy and well!














2 comments:
ooohhhh...potty training. I dread it. We have been in the "middle" of it for it seems like forever. I keep putting it off because we have had a lot of trips to take and I didn't want to be potty training while on a road trip...haha. After we move;)
Hehe yeah it is NOT my favorite thing that's for sure. The last 2 days we have gone through 4 pairs before I gave up and put the pull-ups back on, and now he is running around nudie :) I didn't realize how much this kid pees LOL
Post a Comment