Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Big Girl!



Naomi spent her first night last night in her big girl bed! She did great! I have been hesitant to switch her over because (even though we switched Riley to a twin bed at 16 months since Naomi was due to arrive soon and he did fine), there was really no reason to this time around and I'd like to keep my baby as long as possible :). But, lately she had been sticking her little legs through the crib rails and getting them wedged in. And we were given a very nice bed from Mimi and Poppy that was all set up in her room anyway. She loves sitting on it to read books and can easily climb up and down off it by herself. So, last night Brad nailed a wooden bed rail across the side to prevent tumbles and we gave it a try! The next morning when we talked about what a big girl she is now, she was SO proud! It was adorable! Now I just need to find her a bedding set! :) Her room is coming along, but I still am looking for bedding, a light fixture, and some wall decor to finish it off. My dad is working on a really cute bookcase for her shaped like a doll house for her room too! I can't wait till that is ready! At least the major painting is all finished ;).

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin