Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Crockpot Chicken Cordon Bleu


Last night I tried a recipe from Brad's cousin Mary's blog in the crockpot and it is definitely a keeper! It was so quick to make and both my dad and husband scarfed it down. We had it with mashed potatoes (the sauce was really good over them), stuffing, and veggies, but the whole meal only took me a total of about 10-15 min to make. I had to substitute American cheese for swiss because that was all I had.

INGREDIENTS:
* 4 chicken breasts, pounded thin (I made 8 tenderloins)
* 4-8 slices ham or honey smoked turkey
* 4-8 slices swiss cheese (I used pre-sliced, American)
* 1 can cream soup (any kind) (I used cream of mushroom)
* 2 Tbsp. milk

DIRECTIONS:
1. Spray crockpot. Pound chicken flat.
2. Put slice of turkey and slice of cheese on chicken. Roll. Put in crockpot seam side down (I put a toothpick through each one to make sure it stayed rolled).
3. You may add another piece of turkey/ham and cheese to the top. I topped it with cheese a few minutes before we were ready to eat.
4. Pour soup on chicken. Rinse can with milk and pour over top.
5. Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 4-5 hours.

*I forgot to take a picture at the beginning of the meal and was having battery issues, so the photo shown is only a portion of it

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked it!!! We did too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin