Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Few Things on a Late Indian Summer Day

Surprisingly, we had a gorgeous day today with temps near 70! We took advantage and spent some time playing outdoors! I don't think we'll see too many more days like today until next season. Riley kept asking me if it was summer now...not quite buddy, we have a ways to go!
Brad had to stay late at work tonight unexpectedly, so my mom and grandma came over to for the evening. The kids had fun playing pirates and then settled down with some puzzles. I love how they both just lay on the floor and get really into it :).
My Poppy is recovering very well from his surgery a couple weeks ago. The kids love going to visit him and Mimi, so we are glad every one is healthy now and we can see him.
And...drumroll please...after 3 days of using the potty all on his own (woot!), we are going to venture out of the house tomorrow without a pull-up on! (Insert dramatic music here.) I heard some noise coming from the bathroom today and found him reading through a stack of books doing his business...too funny. I'm so proud of him and so relieved that he has finally decided to do it on his own!

1 comments:

Tami said...

How fun! They look so cute! We had a warm day today too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin