Friday, November 7, 2008

Friday Funny Pages - The First Installment!

With the recent time change, it has been getting dark around here around 5pm (sigh). So when we left the house Wednesday evening to head to church, the kids were quite fascinated not only that it was dark out but that they could see the moon (which by the way follows us wherever we go :)....) Riley very sincerely said to me, "Mommy, I wish there were two moons. Why aren't there two moons?" I answered him by explaining how God made one sun for light during the day and one moon for light during the night. So he replies, "I'm gonna ask God to make me two moons in the sky."

Naomi was being a little tease and was playing "hide and seek" when I needed to change her diaper. So I gave her a chance to come over on her own and I counted "1...2......3!" and instead of hearing the pitter patter of her feet come running, I hear her little sweet voice answer back, "4...5...6!" :)

Last night at dinner, Riley was asking me about where a certain book was located. I kept asking him questions to understand exactly which book he was talking about, until I figured out it was a Sesame Street cooking book he had got last Christmas from Grammy. I said, "Yeah! We should pull that out again soon and make something." And he got a very serious look and shook his head and said, "No, that would be very dangerous."

And to conclude the first installment of Friday Funny Pages, this is what I found yesterday stuck to the wall when I went to hang up the phone:
Life is full of little surprises here! :)

3 comments:

Jamie and Emily said...

You have inspired me to keep better track too of all those funny things my kids say. Lauren is 5 and James is 3 so there are plenty of silly things I could be writing down! =)

Jenney said...

http://thedraystoday.blogspot.com/2008/11/my-friend-from-college-started-friday.html
Here you go! Thanks for being my ONLY blog follower...either you are checking it about 20 times a day, my counter is broken, or no one else wants to admit they read my ramblings!

Terri said...

my goal is to join in next Friday - so bummed I missed out - no good reason either. Great idea!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin