This has to be one of my favorite "comfort food" meals when winter rolls around. I love big bowl of pasta "fashoool" (no it is not pronounced fageeollee)topped with lots of Parmesan cheese. The name means Pasta and Beans. This is a dish my Italian family has prepared for many years and I hope you enjoy it too!
INGREDIENTS:
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 2 Tbsp olive oil
* 1 (16 oz) can Cannelini beans (This is the best bean to use, but I have made it with red and/or white kidney beans as pictured or Great White Northerns as well)
* 8 oz Ditalini pasta
* 1/4 cup chopped parsley
* 12-14 oz spaghetti sauce
(In the past for some variety I have also added in cooked Italian sausage)
DIRECTIONS:
1. Fry garlic in oil. Add sauce - cook 10 min.
2. Add beans, stir, cook/simmer.
3. Cook pasta and add - stir gently. If too thick, add water.
4. Add parsley and top servings with grating cheese!
Serves 4-6
Buon Appetito!














0 comments:
Post a Comment