Yesterday we went to pick out our Christmas tree and pulled out the decorations. Normally, our tradition is to go to a tree farm and cut one ourselves, but it was particularly cold and happened to be sleeting, so we decided to fore go that tradition this year. I think I'm okay with that. :) We ended up with a really nice Douglas Fir (our tree of choice) and began the process of Christmasizing our house.
The kids had fun playing around, dancing to Christmas music, and hanging their ornaments. They did pretty well hanging them on the tree, although mommy did do a little rearranging after they were finished :). Another tradition we have is to get the kids a new ornament each Christmas that represents that year. We had fun pulling out Riley's first Christmas ornament, Elmo, and Bob the Builder as well as Naomi's first Christmas ornament (which I love because it is also a music box!). We still have to get to the store to pick out their new ones for this year, but have some great ideas in mind!
We did have one small setback...when we were finished hanging the ornaments the tree toppled over...yeah. Luckily I was right next to it and caught it on the way down! Oh well, it appears to be up and stable now. The kids are so proud of our tree! (That's Naomi's "sunshine face" again by the way...at least she's smiling, haha).
The Christmas lighting gives me a good setting to practice using our camera in, but some turn out better than others. I'm still experimenting with the settings and trying to learn how to eliminate the use of the flash. Someday I hope I'll be able to get a really nice, professional grade camera, but for now I am learning to make the most of a point and shoot!
Oh, and for those of you wondering if I actually finished my Christmas shopping by Thanksgiving...well, I had it 95% finished so I went to the store today and picked up the last few things I was looking for! I am so glad to have the shopping part finished and can now fully enjoy the holiday without worrying about running out into the over-commercialized madness!
Let the CHRISTmas season begin!














2 comments:
Great job with the camera!
Great job on finishing up the shopping! That was my goal this year, too. I had all but one person (Kevin's mom) done before Thanksgiving, but went out on Black Friday at 4:30am and finished up completely. I'm also happy to be done so as to avoid all the madness at the malls now.
We are doing the annual ornament tradition with Carson, too. My mom did that for my sister and me and I love looking back on all of the ornaments. I think its a wonderful tradition!
Your tree looks great, by the way, so pretty!! :)
Post a Comment