Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Can It Be?!?!

Next time we go to the store I am buying 2 packs of "pull-ups" (which I say in quotes because we never buy the name brand of those golden bum huggers). Not two packs for Riley. Oh no. A pack for Riley and a pack for...Naomi!

That's right people...no...more...diapers!

Naomi pretty much potty trained herself this week, or at least she is super duper close. She's been "using" it on and off for awhile now with absolutely no pressure from us. Every time she used it was completely self-initiated since she saw Riley doing it and she rarely made any deposits, let's say.

Well, the last few days she has been taking off her own pants and diapers and using the little Elmo potty all on her own, and then comes to me with her diaper and pants to tell me she went. She has done both #1 and #2! This evening she started taking off her jammies and we kept telling her to put them back on until we realized she was trying to use the potty, haha.

I have done nothing to motivate this girl since potty training Riley has been oh so fun, and I haven't been in a rush to get to her. I mean the girl isn't even 2 yet! So I'm a little in shock! Can it be this easy? I didn't really do anything...no routine sitting on the potty with books, no stickers or rewards, never made a big deal out of it, no reminding over and over and over.... Now that she's removing her own diaper (and obviously can't get one back on by herself although it's not for lack of trying) she is ready for a pull-up since she can be as independent as she wants with those. And maybe we will even start to try big girl underoonies...but let's not get ahead here. I'm probably jinxing it just by writing this.

Riley is down to using a pull-up only at sleepy times since he still tends to have accidents at nap/night when we don't put one on, but I think we are getting to the home stretch a bit earlier than I expected!

Oh the money we will save! :)

OH AND as if this can't get any better...LOST premiere tonight!!! It's been a long time coming and from the previews I've seen (although I've tried to be so good and not watch any spoilers!) this looks like the best season yet!!!

6 comments:

Julie Snider said...

Yeah - Congratulations. I am not having much luck with Gracie, but I was able to get Tyler potty trained so its not like Gracie won't figure it out soon enough.
I am so very jealous of your blog - it is beautiful - you are very talented!
Julie

Jenney said...

Yeah for potty training! I"ve been told girls are much easier than boys...but I only have boys so I wouldn't know!

JoAnna said...

This is great news! One day (soon hopefully) I will be able to rejoice right along with you! :)

Tami said...

Yay! Yes, girls can be that easy! Leah potty trained in about 2-3 days. (Not including when we had the potty and she occasionally used it like Naomi.) I'm a little scared about potty training Matthew. I'm hoping he will want to be a big boy and use the potty like his sister. HA!

Terri said...

Sweet!

Sara said...

Yeah for the potty training! That is something I'm already not really looking forward to with Carson. :)

We were so excited for Lost last night, too! Although we had to DVR it since we go to bed so early around our house (we get up at 4am). So we'll watch it tonight - can't wait!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin