Monday, February 2, 2009

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Again, needing to use up a few bananas, I made these Banana Chocolate Chip muffins over the weekend. I originally found a recipe in my Betty Crocker cookbook, but realized it called for Bisquick (which I didn't have in my pantry.) So, I decided to create my own recipe and pray they turned out. And they did! In fact, these were the best muffins I've had in a long time and my kids absolutely loved them! The combo of banana and chocolate is divine, but you could easily substitute raisins or nuts.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 large bananas, mashed
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup canola oil
  • 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray muffin pans with non-stick spray, or use paper liners.
  2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
  3. Combine bananas, sugar, egg, and oil in a large bowl. Fold in flour mixture, and mix until smooth. Scoop into muffin pans.
  4. Bake muffins for 15-20 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin