Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Brad... and Priorities

First off I have to wish my "Dutch (not Irish), Central African-born, very white man" a very Happy Birthday!!! I love you Brad and hope this year holds much excitement and success as you graduate from residency and begin a new phase in your career!

So...life has been crazy here lately and it's got me thinking.

When you only have about 16-18 waking hours in the day, you have to choose wisely how you use them. Whoever said being a stay at home mom is boring, or asks what in the world we do all day, just doesn't get it. I feel like I am gearing up for a race each day to tackle as many things off my never-ending to do list as I can before I hit the sack exhausted and pray I get enough sleep to get up and do it again the next day. I have been staying up several hours after my family is all in bed to try to finish everything. And honestly, certain things just aren't getting done these days, and I have now been forced to choose what I am going to accomplish and what I am going to neglect.

Thankfully, blogging only takes a few minutes out of my day and allows me to stop and record my thoughts, or share special memories, or release frustration, or whatever therapeutic method is needed at the time. I enjoy doing it and love that it is not an obligation or something I have to check off my to-do list. That being said, I have decided to stop doing a weekly Friday Funny Pages for the time being. Not to say I won't be sharing the funny moments, because there are just way too many not to share and I want to be able to go back and read them some day! I just won't have a set day anymore to do it. I'm glad I have encouraged many of you to start capturing those moments and I hope you continue to do so whether it's on Friday or any day of the week!

I have a ton of photos I'd like to update with soon. Maybe when the kids go down for a nap I will have a chance to catch up on that. Or maybe I'll catch a little nap myself today. :)

2 comments:

Jenney said...

I for one, will miss Friday Funny pages, so if it happens to come back once in awhile, it would be great! I haven't participated in awhile, because frankly, we don't have a lot of funny right now.
Happy Birthday Brad!

Julie Snider said...

I will miss your Friday Funny Pages. I am really glad that you do your blog and I wish more people in our family would as I feel like I know your kids even though we don't get to see each other very often. You have definetly inspired me in my blogging adventure as it is hard to believe how fast time flies. I swear that the kids were born just yesterday. Thanks so much!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin