Tuesday, March 17, 2009

This is Me Catching Up aka Total Randomness

This post will be totally random and probably pretty long, but at least at the end of it I will feel a bit caught up with my photos.

We've been getting a lot of really beautiful, sunny days lately which give me hope that spring really is just around the corner. Unfortunately, the temperatures reflected appearances because as sunny as it is I still think it is freeeezing out! We did manage to get out to play one day recently for an extended period of time and the kids were overjoyed to have some of their outdoor toys to play with.



Naomi has been enjoy the shopping cart we got her for her birthday. It brings out the hoarding quality in her (as if it wasn't bad already). She'll go around the house and collect all kinds of toys and then take the basket around with her, and will get very upset if anyone touches anything in the basket.

I think she was going for the hobo look here.


Riley has informed us as of late that he is going to be a doctor like his daddy and work in a hosbidal. Every now and then I will catch him giving all the dolls and stuffed animals check ups. I feel proud of him already! :)



We've spent a lot of time lately with my parents which has been fun. Here is a cute picture of Naomi enjoying cuddles with Boppy (my dad).


My mom had last Friday off from work, so we took the kids to the museum. The special exhibit there now is the Mr. Potato Head room, which is always fun.




On Sunday we celebrated Brad's birthday. My mom and grandparents came over for a spaghetti dinner (Dad and Tim went down to visit Josh and help remodel his basement). Here are a few photos from Sunday.





And last, but not least, Naomi had her 2 year check up on Monday. Everything looked great. She had gained 3 1/2 pounds in the last 6 months, which was no surprise because she has been eating like a horse. And she grew an inch. So looks like she is in the "growing out" phase and may start working on "growing up" pretty soon. According to statistics, you can estimate how tall a child will grow to be by doubling their height at 2 years old. If that's true, Naomi will be 5'6" ... a few inches taller than me, but I think it will be the perfect height for a female - not too tall and not too short.

The doctor said by age 2 they should be putting two words together. This girl has been doing that since age 1! Needless to say the doctor was very impressed by her 6-7 word sentences. It helps that we read a TON and that she has been imitating her brother, who is a chatterbox, pretty much since day 1.

Naomi and I had a special morning together the morning of her appointment. It was so fun having some one-on-one time with my girl, and she was soaking it up!

And as much as I am liking my new darker hair do, I have decided to start getting highlights put in so that by summer I should have it quite a bit lighter. Guess I was more attached to the blond than I thought. But at least I can say I did it and am not wondering what if!

Whew! I feel better now! :) Hope you enjoyed this smattering of photos from our busy lives the last week! Time to finish dinner!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Tabitha Blue said...

Looks like a fun, fun week!!! Your kids are so cute and adorable, and I just want to squeeze that baby girl!! She is just a few months younger than mine, I bet they would have fun playing and talking the day away!!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

JoAnna said...

I love this post! I feel like I have been so out of touch lately! It's nice to get caught up and see the most recent pictures! Miss you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin