It would seem that Easter is the opportune time to snap a few treasured photos of the family and kids dressed all cute for spring. Someone forgot to inform my 2 and 3 year old of this fact. The photo above was the best of the bunch and only because Riley sat still for that millisecond when the camera snapped and Naomi's scowl was minimal.
Since Little Miss Independent didn't get to choose her outfit for the day, she had a complete meltdown shortly before this, and was obviously not happy about having to pose in said outfit while I snapped away. (She is wearing a beautiful little dress that her Nana made that had been passed down to us and looked quite adorable despite her initial attitude.)
Riley started out great, cheesing it up for the camera while Naomi had her moment of self-pity.
Starting to get a little goofy here, but the scowl is fading. Maybe this dress isn't so bad. Naomi isn't smiling, but at least she isn't looking mad at the world any more. Riley is getting a goofier smile and squirming more (he was really trying hard! lol).
And so it continues...
Now we get a smile from Naomi, but Riley is past his prime.
Ok I think we are about done here.
Oh well, maybe next year!














3 comments:
That family picture of you guys is soooo cute!
hee...I can SOOO relate! The lady at the portrait studio asked if I wanted her to try one more time and I just said, "no." haha. It's gets to a point where it's just not worth it. At least you can laugh at them! Riley cracks me up and I love his tie! They both look adorable:o)
Ok i was giggling through the whole post - loved the cute commentary. Can't all of us moms relate to this experience. Evan does the same progression where he's great in the beginning but digresses to cheesiness. ah still cute. ps don't tell Naomi but even her scowl is adorable! he he
Happy Easter! Loved your family pic too.
Post a Comment