Hello blog. I've missed you. I really don't have much of a reason for not blogging lately other than living life and not having much to say. Does anybody really read this anyway? ;)
The weather here has been bipolar to say the least...or maybe it's been like a box of chocolates and Forrest had it right when he said you never know what you're gonna get, because we've had rain, snow, sun, high winds, and sleet all within the last 48 hours. We did jump at the chance to get outdoors last week on the nicest day of the week, but no sooner had we set foot outdoors I was dealing with two screaming children who wanted the same toy. Even better was when I decided the poor neighbors had had enough of their tantrums and we needed to go inside to duke it out and one of these children took off running through the yard screaming, "Nooooooo!" at the top of his little, powerful lungs. It's a wonder I didn't have anyone knocking at my door to see if everything was ok. So rather than playing outside for the first part of the morning, the kids ended up here:Looks like fun, right? Well, thankfully they decided to shape up and we did get to go out and even busted out the sandbox and a few other toys they hadn't seen since the fall and everything was good.
Speaking of drama...you all must know by now how much this little girl loves her blankie.
Or let me just show you.
Thankfully it hasn't been all drama at our home. We have had a lot of laughs lately too.
Here are a couple recent funnies from our toddler-immersed life.
Riley and Naomi have established a routine banter. Now that Naomi has a pretty full vocabulary, it is extremely entertaining to listen to their chipmunk-toned conversations. Recently, they have begun to go back and forth as if they are arguing, but they are really saying the same thing....example when they were driving with daddy today...
Riley: There are 2 boys and 1 girl in the car.
Naomi: No! There's 1 girl and 2 boys in the car.
Riley: No, 2 boys and 1 girl!
Naomi: 1 girl and 2 boys!
You get the picture.
We have been trying to emphasize to the kids how fortunate they are. For example, when they are so particular about the color plate or cup they are given, we have been reminding them to be thankful to have a plate or cup at all, because there are kids who don't have those things, etc. Same goes for the food we eat...trying to make them aware that not everyone has a fridge full of food or healthy foods to eat like we do. That spawned these comments from Riley...
Riley: Yeah, some kids don't have breakfast, or lunch, or dinner, or fluffernutter!
Happy Monday peeps! Hopefully, I'll have more to say this week than last. :)














7 comments:
Drama is fun, isn't it;o) Just this morning I had to take away two toys the kids were fighting over. After they apologized and gave each other a hug they got them back and I haven't had a problem since. I'm sure it's only a matter of time though!
I can totally relate to the blankie thing. Our little Linus can't stand to part with his. I had the same faces last week when I took his to wash it. Ohhhh the humanity!! Glad you're back! :o)
Well I for one am reading! So keep typing out the ol stories cause I love them!
Oh, we found a cure for "washing lovie" tantrums. We either #1 steal it while they are sleeping (for Snug we have replacements too...exact replicas) OR have him put it in the washing machine and add the soap etc. and talk about how fun it will be for "boo beers" or "beekik" to go swimming.
I actually do read your postings, not everyday, but I enjoy reading about your world.
We have drama too... Kennedi is very particular (Kevin and I say OCD) and Harmony knows just the right thing to do to get Kennedi going. Instead of asking her sister nicely, which we encourage, Kennedi insists on crying, which Harmony thinks is funny and causes her to run even farther away with whatever it is she took from Kennedi that Kennedi probably wasn't playing with anyways! The joys of having kids sooo close in age.
Poor girl having to give up her blanky! :( My girls love theirs too and thankfully we have two of each so I keep one in the dresser. That way when it's time to wash them we have little to no drama! :)
That's tough to do though when it's a blanky someone actually MADE. That looks like the case with Naomi? You should give Granny a call and ask her to make another one! haha! :)
Yeah I thought about having a 2nd one because I've heard that before...but I actually made that one myself and that was one of the last baby blankets I made. I made so many of them when my friends and family were having babies that I kinda ran out of steam LOL. And I always forget to do it when she's sleeping - I'm afraid of waking her up since my kids are the lightest sleepers in the world. Oh well - she survived! :)
I too have to deal with blankie drama, I can ususally sneak it into the washer without Gracie noticing but ususally she notices it is gone before it is clean and dry again - that always brings on the tears. I have no idea how I am ever going to break of her of her blankie and it is started to get all ratty and very thin. I love reading your blog - makes me feel like I know Riley & Naomi even though we don't get to see them very often.
I love the Drama! My little one is just getting into it and man it makes life fun! I have missed your wisdom my friend - I hope we can have coffee someday - May you be blessed - you have blessed my day!
Post a Comment