What a fun, and busy week we've had! Here are a few of the highlights from our full week:
THE ZOO:
My friend, Jayne, joined us on Wednesday for our first trip to the zoo of the season. It was fun for Naomi to be old enough this year to really enjoy the animals. We seemed to get lucky and see a lot of fun things happening, including the feeding of the huge albino boa constrictor (the highlight for Riley...), and the sea lion putting on a show of tricks for his trainer.
FRIENDS:
Friday night the kids stayed with my mom and I was able to go to girl's night with my community group. Lot of pizza, Mary Kay, and laughter pretty much sums that up. The kids had a blast sleeping over Grammy's house too. The next morning, I went to a wedding for a friend I have known since middle school. The wedding was at a church on Highland, so although I won't make it to the lilac fest this year, I got to take in some of the splendor of the lilacs. It was fun to attend the wedding with my other long time, childhood friend, Laura.
RILEY'S SURPRISE:
Following the wedding, I rushed back to my mom's house to get Riley ready for his big surprise Saturday afternoon. My mom had found out earlier this week that our local Association of Performing Arts was putting on the show, Peter Pan! So my parents and I decided to surprise him with it. He didn't know what we were going to see until we were walking into the theater and the lady handing out programs said, "Welcome to Peter Pan!" He was thrilled! The theater was nice and small, so we were right up by the stage in the 2nd row. The cast was mainly local children, but they did a great job and Riley was entranced by the performance.One week down, and one to go! I talked to Brad last night, and they get to have a day "off" today, so they are going to go on a long hike and spend the day swimming at the waterfall they go to every year. He was really looking forward to that. Here is a photo from their swimming day there last year - he's jumping off a big rock.
This week, we are looking forward to having Nana here for a few days, and hopefully finishing up the dining room!
















0 comments:
Post a Comment