Saturday, July 25, 2009

Try This At Home: No-Sew Tutus



I guess you could call this a slight interlude from all the recent vacation photos, except that they were taken in Halifax on our trip. But, it's the perfect opportunity for me to share a new Try This At Home post since I had the cutest little models! I found this idea on nannygoat for making tutus and couldn't resist the chance to make one for each of the little girls in the family. In fact, they were so easy and so super adorable that I am planning on making a couple more to keep in our play room for dress up when the kids' friends come over!


The only materials you need are 3 yards worth of tulle in your choice of color (I used 2 colors for each tutu, 1.5 yds of each), and a 1-2 in elastic band sewn to your child's waist size. You cut the tulle into 4 inch strips and knot the strips around the elastic. So easy! Check out the link for some great instructions!





So go ahead... don't try this at home!

1 comments:

Pineapple Princess said...

Completely adorable!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin