Monday, July 6, 2009

Update and Bowling

It's been awhile since my last post and it's not for lack of thing to blog about that's for sure! We have had a lot going on since Brad's time off from work started, so I will try to catch up a bit here tonight. We are really having a great time having daddy home so much. Unfortunately, last week Riley came down with a nasty bug including a high fever lasting about 4 days and stomach/bowel issues as well. We were sad to have to cancel a visit from our good friends in Cincinnati over the holiday weekend due to the illness, but hopefully they will still be able to come in a couple months. And I am almost 15 weeks along in my pregnancy, and still dealing with nausea and get sick about every other day. My fatigue is getting a little better, but I am pretty frustrated that the "morning" sickness is still going on at this point (which is always worst for me in the evenings, although the last 2 weeks I have been sick in the mornings too). I am praying that it clears up before we leave for our 3 week trip next week, because getting sick in the woods while camping or while visiting with Brad's entire family just doesn't sound like a fun time to me.

Aside from the obstacles to our smooth-sailing 6 week period, we have done so many fun things with friends and family that I won't even be able to to blog about it all, but I will hit a few highlights, starting with the kids' first experience bowling. My mom's sister and her family came to town last week, and my cousin had the great idea to take Riley bumper bowling. We're not big bowlers ourselves, but it sounded fun, so a group of us set out for the bowling alley. Riley played about half a round until his motrin wore off and his high fever kicked back in - that was the first day he started really getting sick, and so he wasn't able to finish the game, but Naomi was more than happy to step in! She was SO proud each time her turn came around and I didn't even expect she would be able to do it - it was hilarious! Here are a few photos from their first time bowling!

They had these cool ramps for the kids so they could just push and roll the ball to give it that extra boost.

Sooo proud!
We also got a couple photos with all the cousins together (minus my brother Josh, and Matt and Beth) --


0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin