Saturday, August 1, 2009

We're Home - And a Sneaky Peeky!

Well, 18 days and over 3000 miles later, we returned home on Thursday evening! I still have a couple posts left to share about the rest of our trip, and I will do that as soon as we get a little more settled in here. Our time away was wonderful and we feel so blessed to have had that trip together.

On a different note, you may remember me previously mentioning before we left that we had begun working on our living room. That involved painting the trim and walls, updating a few things, and most importantly renovating the ooooglie fireplace. We have most of the work finished, aside from hanging some pictures and such on the walls, tiling in front of the hearth, and possibly making a few new pillow covers which I'd like do before I share photos. While we were traveling, my dad finished building the new exterior for the fireplace! We designed it to match the wainscoting he helped us build in the dining room, and it came out perfect! I painted it yesterday and it is all set up, just waiting for a few nails and glue to permanently attach it to the structure. I LOVE it!!! (Now we just need to save up for a gas insert!) So I have a sneeky peeky to show you of our new living room fireplace!

The Before: When we first moved in . . . have never been a fan of that look.
The Mid:
Taken while we were tearing off the slate, but you can see the paint job I had done over the slate as a temporary "fix" to the multicolored nightmare.
The After:
Perfection!

So, stay tuned for our final rounds of vacation photos, and the full version of our living room makeover!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I love your fireplace makeover. Stopping over from Pineapple Princess blog this morning. So glad you had a fun trip! That sure is a lot of miles. Holy Cannoli! : )

Sarah J. said...

Doesn't it feel good to be home after a long trip?

By the way, your fireplace looks amazing! I bet that was so much work!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin