Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Third Time's A Charm

I've been meaning to jot down a few things to remember about my third pregnancy. I didn't have this blog when I was pregnant with the first two, but I know how easy it is with each additional child to lose track of the little things that the first child has recorded in full detail in giant scrapbook complete with pictures, stats, and journaling.... Poor #2...I'm sure she will forgive me someday :).

Things to Remember About Lucky #3


How far along am I?
Tomorrow I will be 27 weeks. This pregnancy has gone much faster than the first two, probably because I am so occupied with them! Our C-Section date is all set and with the Fall upon us, and the upcoming holidays, I'm sure it will be here before we know it!

Morning Sickness? I did have morning sickness, beginning around 8 or 9 weeks, which made me suspect that I was having a boy since I was also sick with Riley, but not with Naomi. Unfortunately, the morning sickness was more like "all-day" sickness, the worst being in the evenings (also true with my first), but the difference was it lasted well into the second trimester. I finally started to feel "normal" and regained a healthy appetite right around 19 weeks. I was nervous it would last the entire pregnancy, but thankfully it subsided.

Total weight gain/loss:
As of this week, I am only +6 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. This is probably due to the fact that my sickness did last so long and I lost a lot of weight initially, but the doctor seems to think everything is just fine now that the pounds are starting to add up. With my previous pregnancies I gained a total of 25 pounds, so that is my goal this time too. I have also been keeping up with my Pilates workouts this pregnancy, doing a prenatal routine 3-4 times a week and I hope to be diligent about getting back into good shape following the birth, which I know is an added challenge with a c-section.

Maternity clothes?
I have started wearing a few maternity tops lately, but most of my regular clothes still fit. (Someone asked where I buy my clothes a few posts back - most of the ones I think that I have been pictured in recently are from Old Navy or Kohls). I have been sticking to the ones that are styled better for a preggo belly. Haven't had to pull out the maternity pants yet, but I'm sure that is right around the corner. By the third one I know I want to put it off as long as possible because I am going to get sick of them!

Cravings? I have mentioned this before, but my biggest vice is sour gummies. I have figured out that as much as I love the gummies, it is really the "sour" that I am addicted to, so I have been popping sour ice breakers to help with the cravings since they are sugar-free and low cal :). I also have eaten tons of nectarines this pregnancy.

Movement/Sleep: Baby boy is moving a TON. Both Brad and Riley have been able to feel him kick so far and he kicks hard enough already for me to see my belly moving. I do enjoy feeling him move, but he is very active at night and there have been several nights when his moving has waken me and kept me up. He seems to respond quite a bit when the kids are talking around me - I think he loves his big brother and sister already! :)

What am I looking forward to? I am excited because my friend Yaicha (right) had Jackson in May, Maryellen (middle) is expecting a boy in two weeks, and we are already calling these boys the three musketeers :). I love this photo taken last weekend at a shower we threw for Maryellen. Plus, we have a couple other little boys in our small group, so he will be born having lots of little friends waiting in the world for him!



I am excited to hold a snuggly, little newborn again.

I am excited to see my kids interact with their new baby brother.

I am excited to meet this new little person who God chose to be a part of our family.

I love you baby boy!

6 comments:

Mary Vigil said...

I love it - I cannot wait to have another little one - Blessings to you my friend and love from Colorado!

Terri said...

Aw, I was tearing up reading this. UM so true about the missing scrapbooks after the first one - ugh! but I'm with you hoping the 2nd and 3rd will forgive........OR someday they can help us scrapbook their first year! :)

So happy for you and can't wait until he joins the fam! It "almost" gives me baby fever! ;)

Julie Snider said...

I loved this post. Thanks for sharing it. The pictures are all so precious.

Tabitha Blue said...

Well, yay for you!!! You are so adorable! I'm not in maternity clothes yet, but I am having to adjust my clothes to fit ;) What a beautiful post.

Jenney said...

What a nice post! I can't belive how LONG Niaomi's hair is!

JoAnna said...

I loved reading this! I am so happy for you and your family! You are such a wonderful mom! Much love to you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin