Sunday, December 13, 2009

An Early Christmas Present!

Sorry, no it's not the baby quite yet, although I do wish I could say otherwise. Contractions are consistently 10 min apart during the day (probably closer at night, but I'm not timing). Thankfully, with the tylenol I am able to get some sleep. (At least we are in the final week!) Thanks everyone for all the encouragement, prayers and thoughts. Even though I may not be able to respond personally to everyone, it does make a big difference to feel cared about when things are not exactly going as planned, at least in my book ;) and I appreciate each and every one of you who have taken the time to let me know.

Brad surprised me Thursday night by giving me an early Christmas present from him and my family (THANK YOU everyone!!!). He said being at the hospital made him realize we weren't ready to have the baby yet, because even though he had brought it with him he had an epiphany that we didn't even know how to use it, or if it even came with batteries and everything, LOL!

I LOVE it!!! I have been researching cameras for a loooong time now and narrowed it down to a couple that were reasonably priced, but maxed out on features with great reviews. He ended up getting me my favorite one, the Canon SX20 IS, which I have been having a lot of fun with over the last couple days :).

I would love to have a nice digital SLR someday, but the price tag is just too high for now, and so I found a few point and shoot cameras that seemed like a happy medium with all the awesome features they come with, as well as many adjustable settings that you get with an SLR. Plus, check out the ZOOM on this baby! It has a 20x zoom built in and comes with the lens hood!!!

I love the LCD flip screen that you can use in several different positions, and did I mention that it takes High-def video? Cool!

I also had some money saved up that I was planning on using toward buying a camera myself (because I was honestly not expecting to receive one as a gift!), so I had a fun little shopping spree on Etsy for some accessories that I cannot wait to get! I bought this funky, fun reversible padded camera strap that will be great for carrying it around with me. I do NOT want to be dropping this baby!


And I bought this gorgeous padded, waterproof camera bag! I can't wait to get it so I can stop carrying my camera around in the box :), plus it's so pretty!

So thank you to everyone who pitched in - I am already loving it and can't wait to take lots of great photos of my new sweet boy and his big brother and sister!

4 comments:

Freddae' said...

Oh my Gosh! I loVe that camera bag.

Jenney said...

I SO thought the present was the baby! Cute bag and strap!

Mary Vigil said...

I love it all - I cannot wait to see the pictures... Cute strap, I have been looking for one for my camera I might have to check out Esty - Love from Colorado!

Sara said...

Awesome!!! I absolutely LOVE that camera strap and bag!!! Super cute!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin