Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Family for Christmas and Baby Update

This past week we had Brad's side of the family in town. His parents and his sister with her three kids came to celebrate Christmas with us and meet our new little boy. Riley and Naomi had been looking forward to having their cousins here since they last saw them over the summer at their home in Halifax. It was fun to see them playing together and I think they are really going to miss them. Here are a few photos from our time together.








It was nice to have some extra help around the last several days, especially since Brad started working nights on Sunday. Tonight is my first night on my own with all three kids. It has been a very peaceful evening so far. We are all pretty tired, so I expect that it will be a quiet night as well. I'm feeling better every day, but am still very sore and limited physically. I am having repercussions from the spinal incident when they hit my nerve. When my legs spasmed I strained my hamstring and my calf which is causing a lot of discomfort and making it hard to move especially at night and when I first get up.


Elijah is sleeping really well. Most nights he wakes up around 1am and around 4am. Last night he was really nice to mommy and slept from 10:30 to 4:30! When I looked at the clock, I couldn't believe my eyes! He is such a quiet and good baby, which has been wonderful. Riley was an easy baby, but Naomi was pretty fussy and needy, so I was praying that we would have an easier time with Elijah and so far he has been very peaceful and a very good eater and sleeper. I really couldn't ask for it any better! As tiring as it is, it is so fun to have a newborn in the house again. I just love this little guy...

This photo just makes me laugh every time I look at it :). Hard to believe he's over a week old now. I can't imagine life without him.

I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE my mei tai carrier that I ended up getting when I returned the Beco. I have used it pretty much every day this past week and it has been my favorite carrier ever! It is super comfortable and very easy to use. Elijah just loves it too! He gets wide eyed and stares at me. See...? :)

I love having this precious little face looking up at me! He usually stays awake in it, but today he finally tired out and curled up and slept. I have a feeling we are going to be spending a lot of time in that carrier!

I'm having lots of fun with my new camera too. I have been very happy with it. I'm still playing around with different settings and such, but overall have been pleased with the quality of the photos so far. I took Elijah's newborn pictures on Sunday, and I cannot wait to share them! His birth announcements should be arriving by the end of the week so I can get those mailed out and then I will post them. I think they are some of my favorite pictures ever. Seriously, you need to get ready for some ultra-cuteness. ;)

Well, I think that's all for now. Kids are fed, house is all picked up, PJ's are on, baby is sleeping, and now my blogging is done. One more hour and hopefully we will all be getting tucked into bed :). Good night!

1 comments:

Jenney said...

Oh, seriously, I can FEEL his cuddliness coming through the computer!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin