Thursday, January 21, 2010

Quarantined

As busy as life is with Brad working 70 hours a week on night shift this month AND having a newborn in the house, my lack of posting lately doesn't really have much to do with either! Our home has been hit with a virus that just won't go away. Shortly after Christmas, Elijah developed pink eye and since then we have been fighting off infection after infection. Naomi got a mild case of it not long after Elijah and a cold, but she has this super immune system and came through strong. She just has the remnants of a cough now. Elijah then got pink eye in his other eye and then at the end of last week (just when it seemed like everyone was doing great) Riley came down with double pink eye and an awful upper respiratory infection. He looked like such a mess, my poor boy! By Sunday afternoon, I had pink eye in my right eye and a killer sore throat that has now progressed to double pink eye, nasal congestion, and a cough. Sounds fun, right? Brad has stayed pretty healthy through all of this, but this morning when he came home he said he has a sore throat now too. Thankfully, Riley seems much better today, and I am hoping I am nearing the end of the worst myself very soon because I can barely get off the couch these last couple days. Plus, I feel handicapped having to wear my glasses all the time. I am most looking forward to getting to wear my contacts again! I have been washing all the towels and sheets, Lysol-ing everything, and praying that this infection will leave our home quickly. I am frustrated and ready to feel like everything is back to "normal" again!

Aside from all that, Elijah is doing wonderfully which has been so good for me while I am sick. He is still sleeping very well at night, although I'm not getting much sleep with a stuffy nose and sore throat/cough. I can't believe he is ONE month old today! And we go for his weight check tomorrow. We ran out of newborn diapers so I moved him up to size one today and although they are a little big, they will work and I can definitely tell he has grown. We will be ready to try out the cloth diapers soon! The best part of this last week was that he was really making eye contact with me while I was talking to him and he was giving me the sweetest little smiles! I will try to get some new photos of him up soon. He has changed so much already. Here are a couple of him from last week with Brad. As much as Brad has been working, he has been able to enjoy very limited time with Elijah. He usually gets to hold him for just a couple minutes before he heads to bed at breakfast time when he gets home from work. I thought it was cute that Elijah was staring up at his daddy so intently.


They did get a little snuggle time in one morning on the couch while I was taking care of the older kids before Brad headed up to bed.
I haven't been taking hardly any new photos this past week, so as I sit here feeling quarantined, let me share with you a couple more photos taken last week. We all got out for a walk on a sunny, somewhat "warm" winter day and it was wonderful. It was so good to get some fresh air and allow the kids to get some energy out. Naomi was sporting her crazy strawberry sunglasses (that are missing a lens) and Riley was excited to bust out his bicycle!






Hopefully our little family of five will all be healthy and well soon and we'll be out for another one of these fresh air walks soon!

1 comments:

Jenney said...

Awe! The pictures are great. I love Naomi's (i think I am spelling that wrong) glasses. Very stylish girlfriend!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin