Friday, January 8, 2010

S.N.O.W.

Snow, snow, and MORE snow! I read on my pastor's blog today that a local meteorologist reported that we have had 116 hours straight of snow. It started snowing on January 1st and didn't stop until Wednesday afternoon, and since then it has snowed again. I wish I could say that being snowed in makes the cabin fever a little better, but I have looked forward to the times when I have been able to get out of the house despite the hassle of the snow these past couple weeks. We've been to the doctor, preschool, Grammy's house, Mimi's house, the library, and even went grocery shopping as a family of 5! (Still LOVING my mei tai carrier by the way! It was perfect for grocery shopping, but I doubt I will be heading to the store with all three kids myself anytime soon!)

SHOVELING has become a multi-daily task. I'm thankful for my parents who have taken care of some of the shoveling too with Brad working a ton lately. Naomi has helped too! She loves it when daddy lets her come out and help him shovel!


NEWBORN checkup was on Wednesday at 16 days old. Elijah is doing fantastic. He lost a lot of weight after he was born (all of you oohing and ahhing over all his sweet little rolls in his newborn picture, that I am going to share VERY soon now that the cards are all mailed, would be sad to know they are pretty much all gone!) and still is not back up to his birth weight, so we will go back in 2 weeks for a weight check just to make sure he is growing properly.
He is eating very well, so I am not too worried about it at this point - we are just being cautious. He sleeps very well at night. He will wake up for one late feeding and then sleep about 5-6 hours until morning which has been wonderful aside from just a couple fussy nights we've had so far. It helps that he has had a lot more alert periods during the day rather than sleeping all the time and is fun to see his personality start to develop a little!


OH WHERE IS MY SNOWMAN?! Remember this snowman that the kids helped build on New Year's Day? Well here he is now...we'll have to wait for a thaw to see him again!
WARMING up is more fun to do when you have a newborn around. We have had lots of cozy snuggles.




And we are having lots of time to enjoy all the fun and exciting Christmas gifts we have like books, puzzles, games, toys, and one of the kids' favorite activities - painting!
Elijah even had his first bath this past week by the warm fireplace/heater in our bedroom. He really enjoyed it! Now that's the life!


When we have gone out, we are sure to bundle up! Hope you are all staying warm and dry too!

1 comments:

Melinda said...

You have the snuggliest little family!! I LOVE the picture of Naomi and Elijah together. So precious!! Glad to see you're staying warm. We're trying to do the same. I really can't wait until summer!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin