So this Wednesday is turning out to be "not-so-wordless" but that's okay. I haven't shared any recipes in awhile since I have been so busy cooking up my e-mealz! We are on about our 6th month now and still loving how easy it is for me to have a yummy meal ready for dinner each day. If you missed my previous post about it you can find it here.
Anyways, when Elijah was first born I received a fantastic meal from a good friend and I knew I had to have the recipe to make it again myself which I did a couple times. But you can imagine I was over-ecstatic when I printed out my e-mealz recipes for the week back in March when we first started it and saw a recipe for the crockpot that used almost the exact same ingredients! I just combined the recipe from my friend and the crockpot e-mealz version and voila! A fantastic, EASY, delicious meal!
I love using my crockpot, especially on these 90+ hot summer days when I'd rather starve than turn on the oven to cook dinner. Since I decided to make this again tonight I figured I'd share it with you too! Enjoy!
CROCKPOT TORTELLINI BAKE
Ingredients:
* 1 lb mild ground sausage, cooked
* 16 oz pasta sauce
* 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
* 1 can mushroom pieces, drained
* 8 oz frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
* 9 oz pkg refridgerated/fresh cheese tortellini
* 1 c shredded cheddar
Directions:
In crock pot, combine sausage, pasta sauce, tomatoes, mushrooms, and spinach. Cook on low 4-6 hours. For the last 20 minutes, stir in tortellini and sprinkle cheese over the top. Cover.














3 comments:
I think I would love this! Wonder about the kids? Do your kids like it? I guess they would eat the sausage at least! I really need to use my crock pot more.
Yum! This sounds good!
My kids eat it pretty well, but they eat a lot of things that other kids don't... :)
Post a Comment