Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Niagara Falls



Today we took a day trip out to Niagara Falls! Neither Brad nor I have been there since we were kids, and our friends had never been there before, so it was an amazing experience for all of us and such a gorgeous day too! We started out at the aquarium. They had a pretty fun collection of sea life. Naomi and Elijah both really enjoyed watching the sea lions, and Riley liked the sharks and puffer fish. They also had penguins, seals, a cool lion fish (my fav!), spider crabs, turtles, and many more.




































Picnic lunch at the park before seeing the falls...




Overlooking the falls...











We took a boat ride right under the falls on the Maid of the Mist! It was amazing! I remember doing it as a kid, but it was even more fun than I remember. We went right by the American Falls and then into the Horseshoe Falls where we got completely soaked! I think I was laughing and squealing the whole time with joy, haha! Elijah fell asleep and Naomi had her tongue out the whole time trying to catch the water :). What a great experience!
































We were wet and tired, but before we headed home, we HAD to stop for ice cream!







A great ending to a GREAT trip!

1 comments:

Jen said...

What a great day trip! Seriously...we are on opposite sides of this great country!
I visited Niagra Falls when I was 17 with a school group! I was much too young and way too interested in my friends...so I didn't appreciate it. Beautiful!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin