He made it!

His favorite part of kindergarten? The bus ride, of course! And when I asked him the first day if he was the only kid on the bus he said, "Yup! Just me and my backpack!" :)
Riley's been really enjoying kindergarten so far. He made a new friend because they both like the color red :). And he had gym yesterday and said it was great. Chapel today didn't go over too well when he had to wear that handsome uniform, but hopefully once he sees that everyone has to wear the same thing he'll be a little more willing next week...we'll see ;). He's been super tired by the end of the day, but I think we'll all adjust to this new schedule in the next week or so.
On Friday, we sent in cupcakes and he got to celebrate his birthday at school! He came home with this snazzy crown and said it was a lot of fun!
Perhaps the biggest adjustment has been for Naomi who has lost her daily playmate and best friend, but I'm trying to find special things for her to do each day. She does need to learn to find ways to play on her own and that was harder for her than I though it would be. They have both said that they miss each other when Riley is at school!
I'm so glad my kids love each other so much and actually miss each other when they are apart. Such a blessing and I pray their relationship continues to be a special one for their whole lives!
Riley's been really enjoying kindergarten so far. He made a new friend because they both like the color red :). And he had gym yesterday and said it was great. Chapel today didn't go over too well when he had to wear that handsome uniform, but hopefully once he sees that everyone has to wear the same thing he'll be a little more willing next week...we'll see ;). He's been super tired by the end of the day, but I think we'll all adjust to this new schedule in the next week or so.
On Friday, we sent in cupcakes and he got to celebrate his birthday at school! He came home with this snazzy crown and said it was a lot of fun!
Perhaps the biggest adjustment has been for Naomi who has lost her daily playmate and best friend, but I'm trying to find special things for her to do each day. She does need to learn to find ways to play on her own and that was harder for her than I though it would be. They have both said that they miss each other when Riley is at school!
I'm so glad my kids love each other so much and actually miss each other when they are apart. Such a blessing and I pray their relationship continues to be a special one for their whole lives!














2 comments:
Oh Melissa, that's so sweet!! My younger brother and I were close, close friends growing up, and we still are to this day. I'm sure yours will stay super close. I love that, they are adorable! Happy Birthday to the little guy... you said it was Friday, September 10?? That is my daughter's birthday too... and we just celebrated her 4th! :)
~Tabitha
How fun! I love his birthday hat. Did he turn 5 or 6?
Post a Comment