Brad and I have been referring to this week as our marathon week. We have both been on the go non-stop between working extra shifts and lots of activities and meetings. We are pushing hard to make it to the weekend. Brad finally (as an official licensed physician and a 3rd year resident!) is able to pick up moonlighting shifts as long as they don't conflict with his regularly scheduled hours. That probably sounds crazy when he already works so much, but the draw is that you get paid close to $70 bucks an hour for these shifts, so they are really in high demand and hard to get! Brad squeezed one in Weds night, so he worked 3 shifts back to back, and after a brief rest this afternoon he is moonlighting again tonight (he would have been called in anyways to cover a sick resident so this way at least he gets paid extra!).
One special thing we did this week was take Riley to his very first movie at the theater (see photo above). Regal has free kids movies during the summer, so we had a Mommy-Riley date! He was so excited and kept saying, "thank you momma for taking me here!" We stayed for an hour of Happy Feet and then he said, "I want to go home now." :) It was a good start. We had fun!Amongst my meetings, activities with the kids, and other various obligations this week, I was able to spend some time today over at my dear friend Nan's house. I was so honored she asked me to help paint a design on her bedroom walls to match her new bedroom set. I love to paint, and I love to spend time with Nan, so it was a great deal for us both! I really enjoyed our morning together! And the kids have been sooo good despite all the craziness around here!
So as we run our run our "marathon" this week I am reminded of the passage in Hebrews 12:1-3, "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."A great reminder not to give up or be distracted by things that don't matter, but to keep focused on the goal and the One who gives us strength and endurance.
This is what happens when Daddy works 30 hours straight, comes home for a 5 hour siesta, and is getting ready to head back to work in a few minutes for the night shift...hehehe
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Marathon Week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It is great to be a part of the Marathon Week from the Deep! Thank you so much for the paint job you did on the walls. It looks great!!!! We put the bedroom back together last night and all I need to do know is replace the registers, wire the switches and outlets, strip, stain, and replace the baseboard molding. Thanks again Melissa, you are..er..we are definitely privileged to hang out with us..er..you. - Mark
I'm so glad you like it! I had so much fun doing it and can't wait to see the finished result! You...er...we are very blessed to have us...er...you guys as friends ;).
Post a Comment