Thursday, July 24, 2008

Moving Right Along

Things around here have been keeping pretty steady. Brad started cardiology and has been getting home at a resaonable hour every evening, so that has been nice for us. It's hard to believe summer's half over. The kids and I have been spending a lot of time outside (when it isn't raining sporadically). I have been trying to keep up with my responsibilities as we start planning for MOPS in the fall, and working on the new church website has been keeping me busy too. New stuff with the kids...Riley suddenly thinks he is soo grown up and is calling Brad and me "Mom" and "Dad" (instead of the usual Momma and Daddo), and Grammy has become "Grandma." It's pretty funny, but I hope it is just a phase cause "Mom" just seems so old! He loves to play "fireman" and pretends that our steps are his firetruck (it kinda looks like one with the rail as a ladder and the red walls...). He also loves to play pirates and will create a pirate ship out of the couch. A common phrase around here is, "But Mom, I'm a pirate!" We started planning his birthday party that is about a month away (eeek, my baby will be 3?!?!) with a Peter Pan theme :). We are going to have fun with it! Naomi is just growing so fast. She loves to dress herself. She will sit for long periods of time putting on pants and shoes. She does better at it than Riley, hehe! She repeats just about everything these days. I love that she still is a cuddlebug too...I hope she doesn't outgrow that anytime soon! Here are a couple new pics of the kids from this week to enjoy!

2 comments:

Tami said...

How adorable! I've missed you! I'm hoping the kids sleep at least another hour so I can post:o) It's going to take me a while to catch up on everyone's blogs!

Melissa said...

Yay you're back! I've missed you too. Can't wait to catch up on everything with you - I'll be watching for your posts :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin