Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Update

I have a moment this morning to update on a few things. Brad is flip-flopping night and day shifts, so the kids and I spent the night staying at my mom's house. He is currently on the Pedicatic ED floor, which he enjoys, but anytime he works in Pediatrics he gets us sick and I woke up to a sore throat yesterday that is only getting worse today. Hopefully it will pass quickly because this week ahead looks pretty crazy busy, but filled with fun.

Labor Day has a "special" meaning for me as I was IN labor all day 3 years ago with Riley. We are looking forward to his birthday on Saturday and to having Uncle Josh in town over the weekend for that. I have been extremely busy preparing with Lynda to lead MOPS again this year as we start up next week. The curriculum this year is Adventures in Mothering with an Amusement Park type theme which we are having fun with. I am looking forward to it starting, but it is so much work and time to prepare for so I will be glad when the preliminary prep is over. We are also gearing up to start Community Group next week and have had a couple leaders meetings for that, and are trying to work out the legistics of our group. Hopefully all the details will fall into place for that very soon. My business is steady. I seem to have one order after the other come in, which is all I really have time for right now so it's good. I'm still enjoying it and am hoping for some time in September to sit down and create some more designs, especially for the upcoming holidays. I may have to hire a babysitter for a few days...

Riley starts Awana this year and we got him registered for that on Sunday. He will be in the Cubbies club! We have orientation on Wednesday and are very excited for him. It will be his first structured setting aside from Sunday School! He has become extremely interested in coloring lately. He spends literally HOURS coloring and drawing things. He likes to draw playgrounds and monsters, haha. He works very hard to color in specific areas of coloring pages rather than scribbling across the page now too. He is also a big fan of chalk on the driveway. Since he spends so much time coloring, Naomi does as well. Her favorite colors are purple and green - those are the two colors she says all the time, and she picks out all the purple and green crayons and carries them around. Pretty funny. Naomi can communicate quite well with us now verbally. She knows enough words to let us know what she wants and is learning new ones every day. She still gets into everything...often climbs herself right up onto the table to reach things. Have to keep a close eye on her!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin