Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Let the Race Begin...

So I am starting to really believe that it is true what they say...girls DO potty train faster (and easier) than boys! Since we've been working with Riley, Naomi the past couple weeks has shown a lot of interest in the potty. So I've been letting her sit on it a couple times a day, which she does very willingly (the first big difference...). And she will sit on it for quite a long period of time (the second big difference...). Riley is just too busy all the time, which is the biggest issue. He can't be bothered to sit down and let nature flow if it takes more than 5 seconds especially if it is interrupting his play time. Naomi is also very aware of when she has to go, or at least is willing to communicate with me about it (the third big difference!). So she will say, "diapie change" and get the wipes herself....I'm surprised she doesn't just change her own diaper! LOL (On a side note, when Riley needs his pull-up changed, she goes and gets a new one out of the pack and brings him the wipes and would try to change him herself if he and I would let her...such a little mommy!) Anyways, this week she has been telling me "poo poo, mommy" before she actually goes and wants to go sit on the potty. So far she hasn't made any successful despoits, but it hasn't been for lack of trying. BUT, she DID go peepee in the potty! Hooray! And I have been using mini-M & M's as a reward for successfully going and now that she actually got one she walks around saying, "Potty M-uh-M's, Potty M-uh-M's" Yeah she definitely has got that connection. I'm starting to think we may have Naomi out of diapers before Riley...let the race begin! :)


I did have to include a couple photos of her from today (we picked up a new camera - yay!) and as you can see, even blankie is included in this rite of passage :). She is a true girl and even coordinates her outfits with her potty...what can I say, the girl loves Elmo. :)

1 comments:

Tami said...

How cute! I think it's so true about the girls and boys thing! Although Leah has had stages of "regression." haha

Blog Widget by LinkWithin