Friday, October 3, 2008

Bookends

These photos were the bookends of today. My Poppy (grandpa) went into the hospital this morning for a scheduled visit after they found a blockage in his heart earlier in the week. The hope was that they would locate a single problem spot and be able to treat it with meds or by flushing it out and nothing more serious than that. The call I received was not the one I had been hoping for, and I found myself at the hospital for most of the day, going in to the ICU for brief visits where my Poppy is now recovering from triple bypass surgery. It was good to be with family on a day like today, but hard to see someone you love very much like that. During both the trips that were made in the car, to and from the hospital, we enjoyed amazing skies painted for a day like today. The photos hardly do it justice, but on the way there, the sky was a city of mountainous clouds every way we looked, a striking contrast on a brilliant blue canvas. On the way home, we soaked in the setting sun with a "rainbow sky" as Riley calls it, filled with rich reds, purples, oranges, and golds that were so beautiful over the water that several other cars had to pull off the road alongside us to soak in the beauty of it. Bookends to a difficult day that were each a simple reminder to keep looking Up.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Oh wow, those are beautiful! I'm so sorry to hear about your Poppy! I'll be praying for him and your family.

Melissa said...

Thanks Tami :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin