An update on us these days....
Brad is working an insane amount of hours between clinic and the medicine floor at the hospital, plus being on call quite often when he is home. He's been averaging over 90 hrs a week. So we haven't seen too much of him lately, but are hoping he can get someone to cover his call for the maternity group so we can make it to Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving. We have been trying to take advantage of every moment he IS home with us, but it is hard for the kids and for me to have him gone as much as he is. Hopefully things will lighten up a bit in the coming months.
Riley is so imaginative, always pretending he is something, finding creative ways to express himself. He has been asking for a belt for awhile now, so Brad gave him an old belt of his to play with. He wears it everywhere, even when we go for walks or run to the store, usually along with a fireman hat or pirate hat and with all kinds of "swords" and things tucked inside it. (He gets all kinds of smiles from people when we go out, haha). The other night I was tucking him into bed and noticed he was going to sleep with it over his PJ's. :) He is doing great at memorizing his verses for Cubbies. His teacher comments how he could lead the review each week cause he knows them all so well - he must get his memory fom his daddy! He's been talking a lot about birthdays ever since his party and always wants to know whose birthday is next. In the car yesterday we were talking about how Poppy's birthday is Friday and mommy's birthday is Sunday. He wanted to know how old I was going to be, so I told him twenty eight....he said, " Mommy, how many fingers IS that!?"
Riley had another episode with sickness. After about a week of seeming back to normal, he woke up early Saturday throwing up and continued to do so for 7 hours, about 4 times an hour. Brad was at work all day, but my mom thankfully came over for part of the morning. I don't know if it was a fluke thing or if there is something more serious going on. Since Sunday he has been pretty much back to normal. We are keeping a close eye on him and if he has another incident we will need to start looking into food allergies or seeing a specialist about an infection.
I have been trying to keep up with things around the house amongst all the sickness around here. Been throwing stuff away left and right...amazing how much "stuff" piles up when you aren't looking. Also been keeping busy with MOPS and small group, both of which are going well, and my business has been steady. Orders seem to come in clusters and that gives me time in between for designing when I am not dealing with life as it comes. I am hoping to have a good amount come in for the upcoming holiday with all the extra medical and car bills we've had lately, but know God always provides one way or another for things like that. I am also in the middle of a ladies study at church on Daniel, which has been really great - I loved OT survey in college and Daniel was always one of my favorite books, so it has been cool to spend time studying it in so much depth. I almost feel like a student again in this class! Hard to believe October is coming to an end and winter is on it's way!

2 comments:
gosh Melissa you've got some cute kids! Praying for you, "Super"mom - I can't imagine how tough to parent without a break in sight with Brad's hours. Hope it will all turn around soon!! I love Naomi's hair - what I wouldn't give for little girls with enough hair to put up -Jalene's didn't come in until she was 2ish so I doubt that will change with Janelle.
I love hearing what your kids are up to. It helps when I haven't seem them in forever!! :) They are both so sweet, smart and beautiful! You should indeed be proud of them! I will pray for you as I know how hard it has to be with Brad working such long hours. You are an amazing mom! Hang in there!
Post a Comment