Five dollars can buy you five items off the dollar value menu at McDonalds. Five dollars can buy you a latte from Starbucks. Five dollars can buy you a magazine you will read once and throw away. Five dollars can not buy you anything significant. But did you know five dollars can buy 2 pairs of shoes for children who desperately need them? I'm all about finding little ways to make a big difference in someone's life, so when I saw this challenge posted on one of the blogs I read, I couldn't pass up sharing it.
When Brad returned from his last trip to Honduras, one of my favorite stories of his time there was about a boy named Ezekiel. He had ulcers and an infection in the bones of his feet that made it painful to wear shoes that weren't specifically made to fit him (which his family couldn't afford). His feet would never have the chance to heal without those shoes. So Brad's team pitched in to purchase a pair of shoes that would fit him properly. Those shoes completely changed his quality of life. The smile on that boy's face was priceless.Soles4Souls is sponsoring a challenge to raise enough money for 50,000 pairs of shoes in 50 days! All you have to do is click on the link below or the button on the right side of my blog to donate your $5 and make a difference in a child's life just like Ezekiel.
I will be donating $5 from all orders I receive through Color Me {Happy} towards this challenge during the remaining 37 days! So if you were planning on ordering holiday cards, a new blog, or a gift certificate for a friend, you will also be purchasing 2 pairs of shoes for Soles4Souls!
* If you do make a donation post a comment to let me know! :) I would be so excited to see who has contributed!
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Five Dollars
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment