
Riley: Mommy, look I found some money! (shows me a penny)
Me: Wow, that's great buddy! Do you want to go put it in your crayon bank?
Riley: No, I don't think so.
Me: Why not?
Riley (in his best pirate scowling voice): 'Cause this is pirate money!
________________________________________________________
Naomi whenever she gets something on her hand that she does not like (like food or marker - yeah not sure how she got those - or pretty much anything) has been holding out her hand and saying, "poo poo arm," so I will clean it. Um ok.
________________________________________________________
After dinner last night Brad was holding Naomi at the table and Riley was nearby playing on the floor...
Me: Naomi, who are you snuggling with?
Naomi: (Big smile) Daddy.
Me: (teasing her) He's MY daddy. (Naomi smiles)
Riley pipes in: No, he's MY daddy!
Me: Then who is MY daddy?
Riley: Maybe Naomi can be.
Me: No, Naomi can't be my daddy. I have a daddy. Do you know who he is?
Riley: Ummm (Brad whispers the answer) Boppy! (That's Riley's nickname for my dad)
Me: Yeah, Boppy is MY daddy.
Riley (eyes widen): Just like my Brad!
_______________________________________________________
(Let me me start this one by saying, no, we are not expecting another baby, but we do occasionally bring up the idea when an opportunity arises so it won't be a big shock if and when it does happen).
Over lunchtime conversation we started talking about babies...
Me: Riley, do you like babies?
Riley: Hmmm, I like Naomi.
Me: But what about little babies?
Riley: Yeah, but I like Naomi the baby.
Me: But what about other babies?
Riley: I don't know any kinds of babies that you mean.
Me: Like the babies at our church.
Riley: Babies don't go to church.
Me: Yes they do. What if we had another baby?
Riley: I don't want another baby.
Me: Why not?
Riley: Cause we have to put all the toys away cause we're getting bigger. And Naomi and I can't play with toys when we get bigger like you and daddy, and it just doesn't work.
Me: (???)
Friday, November 14, 2008
Friday Funny Pages
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment