Thursday, November 13, 2008

Winter's On It's Way


I'm not a big fan of winter, although I don't necessarily mind the cold. There are probably a lot more things I don't like about winter than things I do, and it's easy to complain about those things. Winter is definitely easier for me to enjoy when everything is sparkling in a nice, pretty coat of fresh snow. But since we are getting the gloomy and cold part of late fall before any substantial snow arrives and all the colorful leaves down, I am trying to think of 10 things I do enjoy when the cooler weather comes (and it's harder than I thought!).

1. Even though I don't like how early it gets dark out, I do like being able to go to bed without feeling like it's still the middle of the day.
2. Hot chocolate...enough said.
3. Christmas lights! I love driving through the neighborhoods seeing all the lights out. I saw the first ones of the season out last night! I think they should stay out all winter :).
4. Warm comfort foods like chili and soups that only taste good in the winter.
5. Parties! All the holidays and friends/family gatherings, cause lets face it the winter is so choc full of 'em we can barely fit them all in our schedule.
6. Fun mail! I love getting the mail because it's not just loaded with bills and magazines in the winter, but lots of Christmas cards and new photos for my fridge! :) It makes that long trudge out to the mailbox a little more worth it.
7. Cozy sweaters and blankets.
8. I can light all the candles in my house and it's so pretty (and smells good too)!
9. Snow IS inevitably coming and when it does we get to go sledding, build snowmen, make snow angels, and relive our childhood again with our kids.
10. I LOVE slippers!!!

3 comments:

Tami said...

cute slippers pic! I love slippers too! Where did you find yours? I miss the snow:o(

Terri said...

way to stay positive girl. I am wondering if there will ever be occassion for candles here because that was one of my favorite winter things too. :)

Melissa said...

Thanks! I got them from Kohl's...for free! Used Kohl's cash from a shopping trip the previous week and probably wouldn't have otherwise bought them, but I'm SO glad I did! :) Riley's slippers are from Bolivia. His feet are finally big enough to wear them and he loves them!

Yeah, Terri, candles just aren't the same when it's warm out, but I'm sure you will find a way to still enjoy them!

We'll have plenty of snow here I won't mind shipping some of it to you ladies! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin