Tuesday, January 13, 2009

How Did I Get Here?

Today has been such a lethargic day. I'm not even sure where the day went as I sit and look at the clock that is telling me I better go get something started for dinner soon. Strangely, the kids have been sleeping in later than usual the last couple days. I think it is the post holiday/family in town/house was torn apart for a week/we've been going 90 miles an hour for too long/catch up sleep happening. But losing that sixty to ninety minutes seems like a lot by the end of the day, because I too have been enjoying that extra sleep in the morning. It's a luxury I am not going to pass up when offered. And again, when nap time rolled around today, instead of working on that forever long to-do list, I ended up falling asleep on the couch. Guess I am getting a bit of that catch-up sleep too.

Now here I am lethargically awake while the kids continue to nap, watching the snow fall from the sky in chunky, thick snowflakes, thinking about how I am headed to my first preschool open house as a parent tonight. How did I get here? When did my baby get so big? When did I get so old? How do the days go so slow when the years go so fast?

Only eight more months until my baby boy is headed off for his first day of school away from home. And I know I don't want to sleep through it.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin