Thursday, February 5, 2009

Easy Alfredo Sauce

Alfredo may not be the healthiest choice, but if you are in the mood to indulge this is the recipe for you! I served it over pasta with chicken and broccoli and the family gobbled it up. This is the easiest alfredo sauce recipe I've ever seen, and it tasted great. They are all handy ingredients as well!

INGREDIENTS:

* 1/2 cup butter
* 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
* 2 teaspoons garlic powder
* 2 cups milk
* 6 oz grated Parmesan cheese
* 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper


DIRECTIONS:

1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring until smooth.
3. Add milk, whisking to smooth lumps. Stir in Parmesan and pepper. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. If it is too thick you can add a little milk.
4. Toss with hot pasta to serve.

Note: This makes a LOT of sauce. To serve a family of 4, you could easily cut the recipe in half.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa, I love your recipe blog! I'm putting the Alfredo sauce on next month's menu because it looks so easy and yummy!

I tried your banana chocolate chip muffins and they turned out good...and, our family has decided that the chocolate chip cookie recipe you got from AllRecipes is our FAVORITE! (I've tried a million choc chip cookie recipes trying to find the "perfect" one...and, I think we've finally found it!)

Thanks for taking the time to post the recipes and pictures! :-)

Happy eating!

Anonymous said...

I love love love the ones where EVEN I have all the ingredients!! I will be trying this one for the next lunch date I have. Paul is not a fan of white sauces so it will be a good excuse to have a friend over!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin