Saturday, February 14, 2009

I Love Love

Valentine's Day is a holiday that more often than not gets the short end of the stick at our house. It's too soon after the hullabaloo of Christmas time, and too close to the upcoming birthdays we are planning for in a couple weeks. I always have the best intentions each year of sending out Valentines to people, and somehow never get to it. So if you have been hoping all these years to get a Valentine from us and are still waiting for one, please know that you are very loved regardless of my shortcomings in this department. I did have the kids cut out hearts and glue stuff to them a couple weeks ago which they really had fun with (pre-death of our camera).



Brad and I never make a big deal out of it either, other than trying to make some time (somewhere within a weeks radius of the actual holiday) to go out to dinner or something without the kids which may or may not happen. Amazingly, this year it falls on a Saturday and he has the day off, so we are planning on grabbing a bite to eat and maybe catch a movie using up the gift cards we received at Christmas (free date!).



So with the general complacency we have with the actual holiday, you can imagine my surprise when I got to sleep in (until 8:45am!) and was greeted when I awoke with breakfast in bed and three handmade Valentines from my three sweethearts! It was so precious!


I love feeling loved by the people I love most in the world.

What could be better?

1 comments:

JoAnna said...

You my dear, are very loved! Glad you had a great day!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin