Monday, February 2, 2009

Playing Around...

...again! Sorry for the mess. I am playing around with a few different kits and codes for some Color Me {Happy} samples and am changing things around again. Things might be a little mismatched around here for a day or two.

Soooo...I broke my camera this weekend. The camera you just bought a couple months ago to replace the other one that broke, you ask? Oh yes, that camera. I still can't believe it happened. I bumped it off the counter and actually caught it on the way down (woo!) but the strap caught on the corner of a drawer and I gave it a slight yank to remove it and the thing went flying out of my hands onto the floor (boo!). The lens now makes a funny noise and won't open when I try to turn the camera on and I get a lens error message on the screen. We've only had the camera for 2 or 3 months, but unfortunately dropping it is not covered under the warranty. If anyone knows if there's any way to salvage it, please let me know. Otherwise it might be a little while before I have any new photos to post *sigh.*

Whatever will I do with myself? :)

5 comments:

Terri said...

ugh - this picture freak is having heart spasms reading this!!! eek. That is the exact error and sitch with my last camera. what model is it? Mine was a canon and what I did is paid to have them repair it (only to find out they couldn't) but what they did instead was replace it with a refurbished camera (the next model up from mine that broke). It was still about $150 when all is said and done so you might be better off (GULP) getting ANOTHER new one. Oh man - I went without a good camera from thanksgiving to a couple days before Christmas and it was TORTURE! I hope you figure something out!

JoAnna said...

I am so sorry about your camera! I would be lost too without mine! I hope you are able to find a solution soon.

On a happier note...I am in love with the changes you have made to your layout!

Les said...

oh no; it wasn't one of those $700 ones was it??

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Your blog is a "work in progress?" Really? How can anything this fabulous still require work? :) You give me much to aspire to when it comes to design.

Sorry to hear about your camera. I have absolutely no words of wisdom to offer. My sad little point and shoot will never be complicated enough to require a "lens." Hope you are able to find a remedy to the situation soon!

-Francesca

PS: Adding us to your list of followers. Design and content like this needs more attention!

Melissa said...

Terri - Yeah so I could pretty much replace the camera for that much so from everything I've googled it's not worth paying for a repair. :( I remember you went through that not to long ago so I know you feel my pain.

Jo - Thank you! :)Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Les - no I only wish I owned one of those and if I did you can bet I'd be in a mental ward right now if I dropped and broke it LOL.

Francesca - THANK YOU! Wow, I'm really flattered! :) Glad to have you as my newest follower!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin