There is a really fun photography blog I discovered a few months ago called iHeartFaces. I love looking at everyone's beautiful photo submissions on there - very inspiring! Since they started a beginner's category (and I qualify as a beginner with my dinky little point and shoot that I can pretty much use to just point and shoot), I decided to join in this week! The theme is "Messy" and with Naomi's birthday coming up at the end of the week, I decided to contribute this photo from her birthday last year.
I guess she wasn't super messy in this picture, but apparently I am more concerned about cleaning up my children when they are messy than I am about taking their picture because I didn't have many options LOL.
Maybe that is a photo skill I need to work on :).
Maybe that is a photo skill I need to work on :).
You’re a beginner if you can answer yes to 3 or more of these questions...
• Have you recently started taking photos or taking photography more seriously?
I've been taking pictures for a long time, but have always been pretty limited by my camera. I currently have a point and shoot and I'm not even sure it has any special settings on it. If it does I have no idea where they are! I'm getting really serious about purchasing a professional grade camera within the next year if I can save up enough for it!
• Do you have NO idea how your camera works yet?
I can point and shoot with it. That's it.
• Are your skills average or below average?
I would say average, but definitely below average based on the great submissions I've seen on your site!
• Are you clueless when we talk about Aperture?
I have no clue what that is or how to say it.
• You don't even know what editing means.... let alone have an editing program for your photos?
I do have Paint Shop Pro X and use that more for graphic design. I'd love to learn how to use it for photo editing beyond the basics. Usually when I play around they turn out looking awful!
• Are you willing to be open for constructive criticism from the other participants?
Yes! I'd love to learn all I can about how to be a better photographer!
Be sure to head over to iHeartFaces and check out all of the beautiful entries from the week!

9 comments:
Melissa....she is such a doll. Birthday pics are so fun! Great shot.
She is so adorable. I want to eat her up! :)
She is a pretty baby! I really like your picture a lot. I can totally see the potential mess!
Very cute kiddo with those big blue eyes! I like the angle of your crop, and the lighting is good. It's a bit fuzzy, so you might play with sharpening in a free photo editor like Picnik or Picasa. Other than that, I think it's great!
Beautiful photo, looks like she's quite comfortable in a crown :)
Great shot - such beautiful eyes!
Very cute! I can't believe she's almost 2!
You need to send in the picture of her with her spagetti face!
What a cute and messy little princess!!
Post a Comment