Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sesame Street Live!

For Christmas, my parents surprised the kids with tickets to the Sesame Street Live show. Well, today was the day! The kids slept over my parents' house last night, so we were able to go out on a double date with my friend Laura and her boyfriend. Laura and I have known each other since elementary school and have kept in touch over the years. We went to dinner and then went to a really cool coffee shop called Starry Nights. The place was decorated in Van Gogh artwork and one whole wall was painted with Starry Night! I think that is one of my new favorite places in the city :). I snapped a photo of the wall because I loved it so much.



This morning, my parents took the kids to the show while we ran errands and got new tires for our car, since we are getting it ready to sell. It has been a very productive day! The kids enjoyed the show and they all had a great time together! Here are a few photos from their special morning.

Here they are before the show, holding up their Sesame Street cards, pretending they are tickets

Waiting for the show to start








Thanks mom and dad for treating the kids (and us) to a special weekend! :)

3 comments:

Jamie and Emily said...

Hi Melissa...I know you don't really "know" me, although I have commented on your recipe blog before... but I do like to read your blog since I too am a stay home mom with 2 kids (and I know the VanHeukelums from when they pastored our church so its fun to see what everyone is up to now)...anyway, I just thought it was neat that we had almost the same weekend! My inlaws also took our kids overnight, and to Sesame Street today, while we got to have a date night! and we also have been to Starry Nights a few times as well- great place!! =)

Jamie and Emily said...

Oh one more thing... I was just talking to my husband, and he has told me before that he knew who Brad was because they were at Cedarville at the same time, but I never realized till tonight that they were actually in the same hall one year (I think 97-98, Brock first floor?)... just curious if Brad might remember him- Jamie Scheid??

Melissa said...

Hi Emily,
I do know who you are and am glad you are enjoying my blogs and took time to comment! That's so funny that our weekends were so similar. I haven't seen Brad in a couple days to ask him, but I'm sure he'd remember him being on the same floor. He has a crazy good memory! That's cool! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin