Finally trying a new recipe! Figured since it's Brad's birthday I'd do a real home-style meal for him. (No corned beef and cabbage here tonight.)
INGREDIENTS:
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I am using 8 tenderloins)
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
* 1 onion, finely diced
* 2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces
DIRECTIONS:
1. Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover.
2. Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.
Buon Appetito!
* Edited: After trying this recipe, I have the following comments. When it says fill with enough water to cover, I found that very vague and ended up adding too much. I would suggest starting by adding one can of water for each can of soup added. You want it to be a creamy consistency, not watery. Also, 30 minutes was not even near long enough to cook the biscuits. They needed well over an hour on High.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment