Greetings from Halifax! We are in the middle of our 3 week trip and I am finally getting a chance to look through all the photos we've taken. I figured I would start posting a little at a time and start sharing our trip so I am not too overwhelmed when we get home.
The first day we drove to York, Maine for 2 nights, which was absolutely gorgeous and SOOO much fun. We are definitely planning on making that a regular vacation spot for our family! The beach was amazing and there was a really cool playground and so many fun shops and restaurants to visit. We hope to get to the zoo and amusement park next time. We bought way too much salt water taffy and all got a lot of sun. The kids also loved tent camping for the very first time!After we had the campsite set up, we took a drive to check out the area and ended up at Short Sands Beach. The kids couldn't resist the ocean and we knew we'd be spending the better part of the next day right there!
After the beach we found a great little spot for ice cream and then it was time to get some rest! The kids loved their first night sleeping in a tent and both did great!
More to come!
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Maritimes 2009 - Part 1:The Trip Begins
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Looks like so much fun!!! Can't wait to see more :o) I wish I had been able to blog while we were away. I was completely overwhelmed when I got home and still haven't been able to finish.
Thanks! Yeah I have this thought that if I don't keep up with it at least a little I may not get it all on here! :)
Hey by the way, I can't get on to your blog anymore. Can you send me an invite pretty please? :)
I love the pictures!! It looks like you guys are having a fantastic time!! I'm putting York, Maine on our list of travel-tos, for sure! It looks GORGEOUS!! Can't wait to see more! Tell everyone in Halifax HI from the Hollebooms! Enjoy!
Post a Comment