Saturday, October 31, 2009

Fall Festivities and Family Fun



It has been harder and harder to find time to post lately! We've been keeping busy as usual! We are looking forward to celebrating my poppy's (grandpa) birthday and my upcoming birthday on Monday (29 kind of snuck up on me!) tonight with my family. The kids are wearing their costumes, and then since daddy is working the night shifts this weekend, we are having a sleep-over at grammy's (my mom's) house tonight!

The Harvest Parade at Riley's preschool was yesterday! The kids all worked hard this week to make scarecrow costumes (super cute!) and paraded around the halls and classrooms playing musical instruments. It was hard to get a good picture from where I was standing and with the kids all moving (and boy, I really would love to have a nicer camera! someday...), but it was so fun to watch! :) Plus, since daddy had to work the night shift, he was home that morning and able to come too!







The weather has been less than desirable lately, but we have been taking advantage of the few beautiful fall days that we have had to get out and enjoy it. We did some raking last weekend, and the kids, of course, had to have a big pile to jump in :).





Daddy's work schedule has also been less than desirable lately, paritally because the other Fellow suddenly resigned, and he has had to adjust his hours and add shifts to cover her absence. It's not much out of the ordinary, but we have been missing him. The other day at dinner, Riley said, "I want to work at the same place as daddy when I grow up. Then I would get to see him!" (Pretty clever, but obvious his time with daddy is limited). So we have been trying to make the most of every moment he is home with us.











Naomi LOVES to play Hi-Ho-Cherrio. and she wins just about every time! Luckily, daddy is a pretty good sport and since he's used to winning I think it is good for him...hehehe.





Mommy's been getting some snuggle time in with the kids too! We've had a lot of long days together and thankfully, the kids have been really pretty helpful for me as I have been limited physically lately. I'm not sleeping as well and I ended up pulling some muscles this past week that was very painful and made it difficult for me to get around. They are still sooo excited about meeting their baby brother in 7 weeks. Naomi is always asking me what the baby is doing..."Is he kicking you mommy? Is the baby hungry mommy? Are you sharing your food with him mommy?" Riley will come over and lay his head on my tummy and say sweet things like, "I want to sit and snuggle with the baby."





Riley's been very interested in cameras lately, and often asks if he can take some pictures, so he took these sweet ones of my and my girl. Not bad! (People say she is my mini-me...what do you think?)






So that's a bit about what we've been up to! Hope your fall has been filled with lots of festivities and fun too!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin