Saturday, November 21, 2009

Just What I Needed

A night out. Girl time. A break from dishes and cleaning and laundry. A chance to get to know friends better. Time to laugh. Comfort food. Conversation with adults.

It was all exactly what I needed. It was so good to be able to spend a few hours with some of the girls in my small group last night. It's been so fun to have two new friends in our group this year, and to be able to get to know everyone better outside of our regular group times. Plus, I couldn't even remember the last time I was able to leave the kids with Brad and get out on my own. I think it was good for him and the kids too - they had a movie night and slumber party in the living room :).

It was good to sit and talk and relax. We ate some yummy food and gave ourselves a food soak and pedicure/manicures. I even painted my own toes!!! Baby probably got squished a bit in the process, but I think he'll be just fine :). For the record, my sweet friends did offer to help!

Pretty feet from a pretty fun night!
It was definitely just what I needed.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin