Friday, December 4, 2009

November Mish-Mosh

Wow where did November go?! I have a bit I want to catch up on, so this post will probably be a mish-mosh of what we've been up to the last month so I can feel caught up enough to post about getting our tree and decorations out!

A couple weeks ago, my mom and I took the kids up to the play museum for the morning. It had been quite awhile since we had been there, and we were excited to check out the latest exhibit, Superheros! :) I don't think the kids were as interested as mom and I were, hehe! But they did get a kick out of Spiderman and Batman in particular.


Superman...with SuperGrammy and SuperNaomi?! (Naomi runs around the house now saying "Super Naomi!!!!") LOL
They had a pretty cool play table set up with a town and a car track with all the different superhero figurines.



Riley was being a party pooper, but Naomi had fun trying on the superhero capes!

Here she is showing her muscles in the power-up chamber, hehehe.
Okay, so I had a bit of fun too :).

They love flying the helicopter.

We ended our fun morning with a free carosel ride!


We had a great time celebrating Thanksgiving with family. Brad ended up getting the day off work! They only made them work either Thursday or Friday instead of both, so we were very excited to hear that! I didn't take many pictures, but I did get these cute ones of Naomi playing her favorite game, Hi Ho Cheerio, with Poppy (her great-grandpa). We warned him that she always wins...and she did :).




I also got to go to Riley's preschool for a Thanksgiving "feast." It was a yummy snack of fruits and raisins, and cheese and crackers. Naomi had so much fun sitting with all his classmates.
The students all had made these placemats for the feast. Riley called it his chicken mat. He and Naomi made "chicken mats" for everyone at our family Thanksgiving meal too!

Other than that we have been getting ready for Christmas and for our new baby to arrive. I took Naomi to visit my friend Maryellen's baby, Matthew, who was born in October. (He's the 2nd musketeer since Jackson...and now we're just waiting for our #3!) I think she is ready to be a big sister...what do you think? ;)


We have passed many days getting books from the library, and I will often find the kids sitting together reading their books. On this particular day, Naomi was "reading" to Riley. It was pretty fun to watch.

And when she isn't reading to Riley, we'll find her reading to her dollies and her animals, especially in her bed at night. I have some cute videos to share at some point of her reading. This girl can't get enough books.
Be forewarned, if you come to visit, you will be greeted by this sweet little face with a huge stack of books in her arms saying, "Read these books to me."
I think we got this Burger King crown back when we traveled down to Pittsburg, but somehow it has actually survived in decent shape since then. Naomi has been wearing it just about everyday lately. And don't get confused and call her a princess...she is clearly a king. :)

Ok I think that sums up the rest of our November photos. We're officially into Baby Month!

2 comments:

Jenney said...

That little girl is going to break some hearts. I love the "chicken mats". So cute!

Freddae' said...

Great photos!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin