Thursday, June 10, 2010

Knock Off #2: Outdoor Bench

Well, I tackled the bench today. It was a bit more difficult than the table and a little less forgiving, but it's finished! I am thinking once the chairs are finished I'll make cushions, but the bench top is so pretty I'm not sure I want to cover it. We'll see :).











I finished just in time to take a couple pics just barely before dark. People have asked how I manage to do something like this with three kids. I worked on it a bit at a time as my day (aka children) allowed. I just take advantage of Elijah's naps and the kids are more than happy to play outside alongside mommy. In fact, while I was working Riley was picking up my scraps and building his own creation with his own drill...



And Miss Naomi was busy caring for her babies as usual...


And while we weren't outside or napping this little doodle was happy to be jumping away! Apparently Riley was having some fun with him as well :).


Next project: chairs!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin