I know some of you have been anticipating my entryway project post...well, here it is! Sorry it took me a little longer than I hoped, but you can see we have been enjoying the summer and Brad's time off.
Again, here is the before shot...there are just so many things wrong with this eyesore I wouldn't even know where to begin, but the good news is it doesn't look that that anymore!

Here is a during shot where you can see the old windows and door.
Here we are installing the new, larger windows and a new steel door where the flimsy, aluminum one was. The little room gets so much natural light now - I love it - and it is very well insulated now too!
After!
Now that the main door is here, we were able to remove the old, wooden door and left the doorway open from the entry to the kitchen.
A before shot of our lovely, astro-turf carpet...
After! We used the same flooring that we installed in the kitchen. I love this floor! So easy to keep clean!
Before shot of the ancient light fixture...
After!
We also added a porch light outside the door which has been wonderful! (except for all the bugs it attracts that try to get in the house when you open the door in the evenings...any suggestions for that?!)
The walls were originally covered in the same vinyl siding as our house (which will have to go if we stay in this house long-term...it is not welcome here, haha) on two walls, and had rotting paneling on the other two walls. We tore everything out and made sure everything was super insulated before adding new drywall and beadboard to match the pretty, original ceiling (probably the only redeeming factor in the room). I painted it with the leftover paint from our bedroom and stenciled the top half of the walls (with ultra bright white) to somewhat resemble wall paper and add some visual interest. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!
Before/During:
After!
I added a row of hooks to catch those purses, coats, and hats that guests may bring!
And moved our mail board here too. This is where I hang any outgoing mail so we see it and grab it on the way out the door!
Before/During:
(adding the new basement door - so we can wall off the old stairwell landing for the pantry)
After!
My $4.99 frames from Ikea with some sweet pics of the kids having fun at the beach.
So there it is! Here's one final look at the before and after!
Now it's too pretty to call a mudroom - it's definitely been upgraded to an entryway and says, welcome to my home! :)

6 comments:
I love it!! It's beautiful!! (I need a designer for my kitchen remodel next year...wanna?!) ;-)
Seriously! You guys are amazing! Total transformation!
You didn't miss a thing!
Have a fun weekend!
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! awesome!
Hi there. Love the new look. Very cute. Did you purchase the stencil or make your own? I'm looking to do something similar with my daughter's room. Thanks. Beth
Thanks everyone! Hmm Steph maybe :)...let me know when it gets closer :).
Hi Beth - yes i purchased the stencils from Joann Fabrics. Hope that helps!
LOVE it! Love everything about it!!
Post a Comment