Since I haven't been keeping up with our other website lately, some people have been asking for some updates on things, so here's the latest scoop:
Brad is on Internal Medicine right now, one of my least favorite rotation schedules. He leaves in the morning by 5:30/6 am (way before we are up) and every fourth day works till 10pm. The rest of the days he is home around dinner time, which is nice unless we have meetings or things in the evening, which happens a couple times a week these days. He finishes Internal up on Sunday at 10pm and then begins OB, another schedule not so high on my list of favorites, but we always manage :). He is also preparing for his annual trip to Honduras with a medical team for two weeks at the beginning of May.
Riley is doing well with potty training. We are keeping it pretty low key, not pushing anything, but we do have him sit a couple times a day and he has been able to put quite a few stickers in his book! He still hasn't reached the point where he asks to go sit on it, but I'm still happy with how he is doing at this point. His imagination is just gone wild. He is always making up stories and games with his toys and various items around the house which is a lot of fun to watch.
Some funny "Riley-isms" from this past week:
He absolutely loves to wear his sunglasses everywhere. As we were getting ready to leave the house one day...Riley walks into the kitchen wearing them...Mommy:"Riley you look cool!" Riley (in all seriousness): "I AM cool, Mommy."
I was a working on a baby shower invitation design last night and he was looking at the pictures on the computer from when I was pregnant with him. Mommy: " Riley, that is a picture when you were a baby in my tummy!" Riley (eyes widened): "I'm too big to go in there now. Mommy you eated me?"
Naomi is doing new things every day. She is so full of giggles and smiles, especially when playing with Riley. She knows about 10 words now. She is walking more and more every day. She has taken 8-10 steps across the room at a time and is getting a lot braver, but still prefers to crawl or "gimp" around as we call her signature move of sitting on one knee and scooting everywhere - she can go pretty fast! She is definitely a climber above all else - she LOVES the stairs and anything else she can climb on. In fact if the stairs are blocked and someone is upstairs she will cry to go up. She had her one year check up on March 10th. She had a couple shots and blood drawn, so it was pretty rough, but she survived and of course she and Riley entertained all the nurses while there and left with a boat load of stickers as usual :). She finally broke 20 lbs so we were able to turn her front facing, yay! She was 20 lbs 8 oz and 27 inches, still a peanut on the charts, but growing nonetheless!
Brad and I are enjoying the Financial Peace class we are taking at our church. Our whole community group decided to participate which was pretty cool. We have already made some major changes to our budgeting and have a plan of attack for the school debt we have accumulated. I highly recommend the class if you get the chance to take it!
I am having a lot of fun with our MOPS@ group too. Lynda, Jayne, and I decided to continue in leadership together again next year. We have had several playdates and mom's night outs which have been great. We are anxious to see how all the details will come together for next year as a lot of other groups are transitioning leadership or lacking it, and that will be affecting our group in a lot of ways.
I think that's all for now! That should get you all pretty up to date :).














3 comments:
Thanks for the update! I always love reading what you write about your family. It's fun having a friend with kids about the same age as mine and hearing similar stories and what I have to look forward to! I can't wait for Leah to start saying that funny stuff. The things Riley said are hilarious! How is Naomi liking being turned around in her carseat? I think Matthew is going to love it!
your kids are so cute!!!
i am jealous to hear naomi is saying so many words. Lael knows about three. I don't think she's really realted to me.
Thanks! I know he totally cracks me up with the things he says and comes up with :). Naomi loves having her carseat turned and I do too! They can enjoy the carride so much more when they can actually see something other than the back of the seat haha. Yeah she has a pretty good vocabulary so far for only being 1 :).
Post a Comment