There is nothing more terribly wonderful...or wonderfully terrible...than a gorgeous, sunny day with a sub-freezing temperature. My mind is so deceived by the false appearance of warmth that my spring fever is being sent into overdrive, and since I just can't bring myself to endure the cold I am trying to enjoy the sunshine from indoors today, which just doesn't seem right. I have been cleaning out drawers and closets, rearranging furniture, and pulling out paint cans to "get creative" - uh oh haha. I finally took the plunge and gave our fireplace a makeover this week - from the dark, multi-colored slate to a lighter clay sponged look. I'm pretty happy with it, aside from wanting to tear it out and rebuild, but at least it's an improvement. I'm running out of inexpensive projects to appease my restlessness, so I'm hoping the forecast for next week is right and we'll get the temps to match the sunshine. I am more than ready for spring...and the daffodil buds I can see from my window are certainly giving me hope :).














2 comments:
Hey, Melissa!
I grew up with Brad and I love seeing your pics. Your kids are so cute! (I was laughing when I read the blog about Brad's b-day...I always think of him on my b-day cuz mine is the 16th.) The Vanheukelums are special people to my family!! Glad you guys are doing well.
~ Heidi (Foeller) Weible
Thanks Heidi! Hope you guys are doing well too! Thanks for letting us know you stopped by :).
Post a Comment